Prayer Before Meetings
COME, HOLY SPIRIT, replenish the hearts of Thy faithful, and kindle in them the fire of thy love.
Beneath thy shelter we take refuge, holy Mother of God, despise not our prayers in our necessities; but deliver us always from all dangers, O Virgin, glorious and blessed.
Look down, Blessed Father Francis, from the lofty court of heaven and pray for thy people, for the people whom thou has selected, that in thy presence they may at all times be faithful in the service of the Lord.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ have mercy on us. Lord, have mercy on us.
Our Father (in secret)
V. And lead us not into temptation.
R. But deliver us from evil.
V. Be mindful of thy congregation.
R. Which Thou didst possess from the beginning.
V. Lord, hear my prayer.
R. And let my cry come unto Thee.
V. The Lord be with you.
R. And with thy spirit.
Let us pray.
Enlighten, we beseech Thee, O Lord, our minds with the light of Thy brightness, that we may discern what is to be done, and be enabled to do what is right. Through Christ Our Lord.
At the solemn meeting and at the Visitation, the Verse, Veni Sancte Spiritus, given above is omitted, and in its stead the following Hymn shall be sung.
1. Come, O Creator Spirit * visit this soul of Thine;*this heart of Thy creating, * fill Thou with grace divine.
2. Thou, who Paraclete art called!* the gift of God above!* pure unction! Holy fire!* and fount of life and love!
3. Finger of God's right hand!* the Father's promise true!* who seven-fold gifts bestowest!* who dost the tongue endow!
4. Pour love into our hearts;* our senses touch with light;* make strong our human frailty* with Thy supernal might.
5. Drive far from us the deadly foe;* Thy peace in us fulfill; * so, Thou before us leading, * may we escape each ill.
6. The Father and the Son * through Thee may we receive, * in Thee from both proceeding * through endless time believe.
7. Praise to God the Father be * praise to the Son who rose * and praise be to the Paraclete * while age on ages flows. Amen.
V. Send forth Thy Spirit, and they shall be created.
R. And Thou shalt renew the face of the earth.
Let us pray.
O God, Who hast taught the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Ghost, grant that we may be truly wise in the same Spirit and ever rejoice in His consolation. Through Christ our Lord.